Thursday, April 15, 2010

Swimathon

Tomorrow, April 16, the biggest event called the Swimathon is taking place. Over 500 pools around the country are getting ready to host this! 19,000 places have already been taken up for and limited places are still available to still sign up for. The events available are the 1.5k, 2.5k and 5k distance challenge events. “Swimathon provides motivation and a personal challenge to swimmers nationwide. It also offers a goal to train for, a target to achieve and a great cause to support,” stated Duncan Goodhew, Olympic gold medalist and Swimathon President. The program is aimed as a fundraiser and this one is supporting Marie Curie Cancer Care. sign up!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very athletic event, but I don't think my lungs would be ready to take on a 1.5k, or 2.5 or even a 5k. But, I like the fact that it is a fundraiser supporting Marie Curie Cancer Care. I used to swim a "looongg" time ago, like back in the day in elementary school, very athletic little girl. I stopped because I got traumatized in a race I had because my swimming hat came off in the middle of the race and since I'm this little girl trying to do everything right, I went back to get my swimming hat and so, lost the race. But, I like to swim, nice blog!

    ReplyDelete