Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Snorkeling


Snorkeling is another form of swimming. It is a leisure activity one might participate in especially on vacations. To snorkel the gear required is goggles, a snorkel, and fins (optional). A great place to snorkel at is the Caribbean Islands. The crystal blue water and the ornate design of the coral reef makes the ocean quite intriguing. My favorite experience was snorkeling on the Disney Cruise Line at their private island called Castaway Cay. They had sunken Mickey Ships within the ocean to explore.

2 comments:

  1. Where exactly is Castaway Cay? How long are the Disney Cruises? I would like to go on one some day and go snorkeling. I have gone out deep into the ocean to go snorkeling once but they said that the current was too dangerous so we just ended up going back to shore after an hour cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Castaway Cay!!! It is so relaxing to just float there and watch the beautiful fish squirm and swim through the water. Snorkeling is something my mom and I always do when we go on a cruise together. One thing I would love to try is scuba diving. It's kind of the same thing except you go deeper into the ocean. Just being in the crystal blue water soaking up the sun is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete