Thursday, February 4, 2010

The " Phelps" Diet

The most important things for me to consume as a swimmer is carbohydrates and protein! By having these nutrients in my body, this insures good musular growth and endurance. Unlike many people, I live on bread, pasta, and many sandwiches. These calorie packed meals that I consume on a daily basis is probably about half or maybe a little less than half the amount that Michael Phelps eats. Michael Phelps, who has won 11 gold metals in the Olympics, eats about 12,000 calories each day! For breakfast alone, a typical meal consists of three fried egg sandwiches topped with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise, toast, an omelette, porridge, three pancakes and two cups of coffee. That sounds like a meal for 5 people! It isn't all eaten at once though. Before practice, he consumes cereal or oatmeal, and then after practice, it’s the eggs and the omelettes!

1 comment:

  1. Just reading through that list of breakfast foods kind of makes me sick. I cannot fathom consuming that much food in a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete