Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Swedish Goggles?


Many of my teammates I have seen wear these Swedish goggles. They are cheaply made, so why do people like them so much? They are small, have no support on them, which means the goggle edges are around your eyes. It is known to take about a few weeks to get used to, which really means for bruises and or cuts to go away after wearing them. WHO WOULD WANT TO WEAR THAT? I mean, I have heard that once you get used to them, you would never want to touch another pair of goggles. Weird enough, I researched about them too, and found out they were created in the 1970's in Malmsten, Sweden. But I think that the main advantage I constantly hear about is that no water ever gets in them, and they rarely ever fall off. Although this sounds like an amazing advantage, I think I am content with my Vanquishers, which have more support on them.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that those googles certainly are not the most comfortable ones in the world, but the fact that they don't get any water in them or that they don't really ever fall off is a huge upside to them. I cannot tell you how many times my googles have fallen off or have leaked water when I dive into the pool or when I'm in the middle of swimming, and let me tell you that it can get very frustrating. Sure, they're not comfortable, but I suppose that if you are a really competitive swimmer, those googles are a good choice, even if that means that you have to get used to them for a couple days. As for me, I use googles with some support on them, but when I start swimming again, I'm probably going to replace them with ones that don't fall off or leak as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, I used to swim and I don't recall being TOO bothered by the water getting in my goggles, it's not so bad... Cuts and bruises? I'm sure that's not good for you and it probably deforms your head. :/ And deformed heads are unattractive.

    ReplyDelete